Welcome to the Communications and Public Affairs Office (CPAO) website !
In today's information-filled globalised environment, it is vitally important for universities to develop and strengthen their communications within their community, enhance their active engagement with the public, and ensure they are positively regarded locally, regionally and internationally.
The CPAO aims to enhance and safeguard the University's reputation and position as a leading international university in Asia. We provide strategic communications counsel to the University's Senior Management and value-added communication services for faculties and departments of the University.
In close partnership with members of the University, together we can produce communications that have impact and that will influence and strengthen the image of HKU.
More about CPAO services.
The CPAO also manages a wide range of events and services for the University as a whole from traditional ceremonies to breaking news stories to continually help strengthen and safeguard the University’s image.
- Media publicity and monitoring
- Key University ceremonies and events
- Issues and crisis communications
- Custodianship of the main pages of www.hku.hk
- Engagement with stakeholders on major issues and developments
- University publications
- The President's speeches and protocol-related communications... (more)